Thursday, January 31, 2008

Stiil here

Although you may doubt it even further I am still about.

Hopefully sometime soon I will be back posting and am hoing to start with how to get ffdshow working with VMCD.

Before I vanish again a quick tip on tracking down Extender configuration errors. If you get a configuration error when adding a new Extender then take a look in the Media Center section of the event viewer (System Tools) you will probably see an error with an error code a a link for web-help on this error. Rather remarkably this web help can be very helpful at diagnosing the problem.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Garry

I'm looking for the Vista MCE decoder utility you made, but the link is bust....or worse.

Is there any other way I can get it?

Many thanks

D.

Anonymous said...

Hi
Yep unfortunate;ly some nasty hacker got at our hosting and the site is down.

Hopefully will be back up monday

Anonymous said...

Hi Garry

I see the utility is back up, many thanks for that.

How you getting on with setting ffdshow as the default decoder?

I manually set it up last night and the difference is astounding!

Thanks again

D.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gary,
I tried to use your awesome Vista Media Center decoder utility, and while it works well with PowerDVD. I am unable to set WinDVD9 Blu-ray/pro since it does not even show up in the options.
I would love advice here how to make windvd 9 blu-ray/pro the default mpeg2 player and for H264/VC-1 just like powerdvd worked.
Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi,

I have tried almost everything, but still the screen remains black....
I have installed all possible Mpeg-2 decoders I could find, including the nvidia trial version, but nothing works. I run Vista Ultimate , and even with your tool, there are no decoders shown.
In regedit, the PreferredMPEG2VideoDecoderCLSID = {212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}...
does anyone have any idea what I can do? )I am getting desperate...)

B.